Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Worst Internet Ever

I really hate my internet provider.  You see, I live out in the middle of nowhere.  As a result, I can't get DSL through the phone company, or cable internet either.  Nope.  We are stuck.

We are stuck with Hughes Net.  Yeah, that's right.  The only way I can get internet is through satellite.  And it is ridiculously expensive - like $90 a month.  Furthermore, I have a download limit each day, which means that you can forget about streaming music or videos because they use too much data.  Oh, yeah.  I can't do the work I was doing from home, either. 

Someday, they say, the internet will reach these here parts. Until then, I'll just have to deal with this crazy satellite connection I have.  I think internet will be a priority next time we move, and it will make us consider a move much sooner than we otherwise would have.

P.S.
This isn't a new problem.  It has been an issue since we moved here.  We were told internet would not be a problem.  Well, they lied.  And I am finally fed up!

1 comment:

Beckie Russell said...

I can't even imagine a download limit! Ugh!