Sunday, September 4, 2011

Accident Prone

My beautiful 2 year old, Jeff, seems to be my "accident prone" child.  If someone is going to get hurt, it's gonna be Jeff.  I don't know why that is, but it is.
Please excuse my messy face!  I had to get in on the picture-taking fun!

Consider this:
Earlier in the year, I took Mandy and Jeff to Chuck E Cheese with my neighbor and her two darlings.  On the way out, while I was holding leftovers and Jeff's hand, he decided he didn't want to walk anymore and sat on the ground in the middle of the parking lot.  Not a great place to stop.  I dislocated his wrist trying to get him up to safety.  ER visit #1.

Then, in May (or was it April?), he was running around the house here in TN, fell over a toy truck in the living room, and hurt his foot.  My boy never cries, and he screamed bloody murder.  After his crying induced nap, he still wouldn't stand on his foot.  Turns out he broke the bone just above his toe, and was in a cast for 3 weeks.  ER visit #2.

In July, shortly before Peter was born, he tripped in my room while playing with Mandy and Andrew.  He fell face first into the corner of Paul's dresser and hit his lip.  There was blood everywhere, along with my poor screaming baby.  He ended up needing a stitch in his lip to close up the wound, and now has a scar where it was.  ER visit #3.

A few days ago, Andrew dropped a glass bowl on the floor in the kitchen.  I did my best to make sure the entire area was clean of glass.  I must have missed a piece, though.  Whose little foot found it?  Yeah.  Jeff.  He has a nice slice across the bottom of his right foot, making him walk funny.  No ER visit for this one, thank God, but still.

Why is it always one child who just seems to attract injury?  Could it be his full-speed-ahead approach to everything?  Is it just the nature of boys?  I don't know for sure, but I sure hope things calm down for my precious baby.

3 comments:

Jennie C. said...

I like your blue wall in the background! It looks peaceful. :-) And are those blue eyes I see?! In a Davison baby? :-)

Jess said...

Yes, Jeff had beautiful blue eyes to go with the blond hair. He is the king of the recessive gene, I think. Also, Peter does not have brown eyes, but more hazel, I think. I haven't figured his eye color out yet.
We actually call the room with the blue walls the "blue room". It is a large room, and that blue is everywhere. It grows on you, though.

Beckie Russell said...

I think I painted my pantry/utility room that blue color. But that took less than half a gallon of paint.