Friday, September 9, 2011

I Really Need to Stop Blinking

Andrew back in 2008 - Notice the nice little boy face.
It happened all at once, it seemed.  One day, he was my little boy.  The next, becoming a man.  How did the time go by so quickly?  In the blink of an eye, his little voice grew deep.  He shops in the men's department of stores.  His cute little baby face was replaced with that of a young man. 

Yes, Andrew is growing up.  He came home from school two weeks ago today, telling me stories of how the kids in his class were naming the darkening fuzz above his lip.  Strange, yes.  They called it a "squirrel".  He didn't quite know what to think of this, but decided that he really needed to shave.  So I told him to talk to Daddy.


See his face here?  Notice the mustache?  The longer, thinner face?

Andrew received his lesson on how to shave his face the next day.  And out of the bathroom came my now clean faced boy, who is suddenly no longer a boy because he needs to shave.  My baby, my first born, is shaving.  Not that he's needed to since then, but the mere fact that he needed to in the first place is proof that my baby is no more.

No comments: