Friday, August 21, 2009

Jeffrey Update...

We went to the doctor yesterday to monitor Jeffrey's jaundice and weight. The doc said that the jaundice was looking better, but Jeffrey lost an ounce over the past week. They (and I) are concerned about that, and Jeffrey will need to go back next week for another weight check. If he is not gaining well, I will need to supplement with formula. In the meantime, I am pumping after each feeding and giving it to him at the next feeding.

Hopefully, when we go back next Thursday, Jeffrey will have gained weight so I can stop worrying about him every day. Mandy and Andrew never had any issues when they were newborns, so this is all new and rather scary for me. It does cause a great deal of anxiety. I know he will be OK, but I can't help but worry.

Other than those issues, Jeffrey is doing fine. He loves to spend time on his tummy while he is awake, and is able to pick up and turn his head from side to side. He also manages to scoot up on the blanket on the floor while he is there. He has very strong leg muscles and a nice strong neck. His eyes are still blue-gray and his hair is very light, as well. He is such a cutie, he melts my heart every time I look at him! I will post pictures later today!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

I am happy to hear he is doing better. He will be fine but I understand the worry.

Looking forward to the pictures.

How are Andrew and Mandy doing in school? Do they like it?

When is Paul's mom leaving?

Love you and try to stary calm.
Mommy