Wednesday, July 8, 2009

She'll Never Do That Again...

It was Monday night, and Mandy had gone upstairs to take a shower. Out of the peaceful quiet came a loud CRASH! I rushed up the stairs, coming first across Andrew.

"Are you OK?" I asked. He was unharmed.

"Mandy, are you OK?"

"You're going to be mad at me!" she exclaimed through tears. I was more worried about her being hurt, though, so anger was not an emotion I was even thinking about at the time.

"Are you hurt?" I asked again.

"Yes, I hurt my butt. I fell down."

It appears that my daughter, while waiting for the shower to warm up, had decided that it would be fun to climb up the wall while holding onto the towel rack. Needless to say, the towel rack did not hold her 46 lbs. and came crashing down. Mandy unfortunately landed on her rear end, as her feet were helping her up the wall at the time. She is a little bruised, but none the worse for the experience. The wall is a different story. It needs some major surgery.

I think it is safe to say, however, that she will not ever be trying that again!

No comments: