Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sent Home

So on Tuesday evening, I began to have some contractions. They began in my back and radiated around to the front of my belly, so I was paying attention to them. I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday morning, so I didn't worry about them, but I did hope they were doing some work!

At the doctor's appointment, I was dilated to a 1 and still having contractions. I spent the day walking around and relaxing, since the contractions felt pretty regular, but sort of spaced out. When I went to bed, things had picked up. I knew I would be going to the hospital soon if things kept up the way they were going.

Well, at about 12:30 Thursday morning, I decided it was time to go. The contractions were closer together and were rather uncomfortable at that time. We gathered all of our things and off we all went.

Upon being checked, I was still a 1, so they monitored me for an hour. On the second check, I had progressed to a 2, earning me another 1 hour stay. After the 3rd hour, and progression to a 3, they decided to put me in a more permanent room. However, I was told that I would have to do everything on my own, as they would not further my labor by breaking my water because I was "only" 37 weeks 5 days.

Needless to say, I did not progress beyond a 3 by 1 p.m. The doctor came and checked me 2 times - once at 8 and again at 1. He actually said that I had probably walked in at a 3 and the nurse did not check me right (I felt everything and am pretty sure she did!). I was sent home, still having contractions.

So, here I am. Still pregnant. Still dilated to a 3. Still contracting - though not as regularly. I guess I am supposed to live with contractions for the next week or so. After this very rough, tiring, and emotional morning, I will not be going back to the hospital unless I am SURE this child is on his way out!

1 comment:

Beckie Russell said...

Awwwww...hope all goes well. keep us up to date, please!