Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time for the Tooth Fairy!

She was sitting in the living room, eating a piece of watermelon. She was scraping the last pink pieces off of the pale green rind. She took another juicy bite and exclaimed, "Daddy! Daddy!" When I looked over at her, her eyes were lit up and her smile was curiously different. The tooth that had been dangling by a thread was no longer in her mouth, but was being displayed in her grasp.

"My tooth came out! I was eating my watermelon, and I bit something hard. Then, I realized it was my tooth!"

Needless to say, after rinsing her mouth, we called Daddy to let him know!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Congratulations Mandy. I hope the tooth fairy comes tonight.

Love you all - Aunt Lois and Uncle Don are here for the week. It is so good to see them. It has been a long time.

Take care of yourselves and give my soon to be born Grandson some lovin from Grandma.