Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ready for Baby?

I have to say that I am completely NOT ready for this baby. Granted, we have 8 weeks before he is due, but I really have nothing together. Actually, I did put the crib together and it is in Mandy's room. She really wants to share with the baby. But, that is as far as we have gotten. I can't help but feel that time is running out and I need to prepare.

Granted, I am not looking for much for this baby. I know what I need and what I can completely live without. My list of items includes the crib bedding set and extra sheets, a Pack and Play with a bassinet (our house is 2 stories now, and I would like to be able to set this up downstairs), a car seat that fits in my car with 2 other children (this one is a huge challenge), cloth diapers, onesies, and a few receiving blankets. I am pretty sure those are the essentials we will be needing. Being the middle of summer, other clothing is optional.

I have had my eye on a crib bedding set at K-Mart for a few weeks now. I just checked online, and it is on sale! Rather than paying $49 for it, it will only be $29. I think I will head to K-Mart and make a purchase.

I have also checked into cloth diapers online, and it seems I can get enough diapers, covers, pins, and flannel wipes to last from birth to 30 lbs. for about $267. There are 4 dozen infant sized prefold diapers, 6 small covers, 3 dozen regular prefold diapers, and 6 medium covers in the set. Also, that includes 60 flannel wipes I can throw in the wash and reuse, as well as plenty of diaper pins. I think it sounds like a pretty good deal for the price. It seems to be enough diapers and covers as well, from what I have read on many different web sites.

That leaves me with looking for a good Pack and Play, as well as a car seat. The other stuff is pretty minor, though needed.

Any car seat suggestions? Andrew doesn't need a booster, but Mandy is still in one. Andrew is not a small child, either. The seat for the baby can not be too big, or else everyone will not fit in the back seat. This is my struggle. Also, I do not want to pay too much money for the car seat. I am thinking infant car seat under $100, but am also looking into convertables under $150.

1 comment:

Beckie Russell said...

You're nesting already? I started nagging Miguel about a cradle mattress about a month before Maddie was due and really started in on him at the 2 week mark. Little did I know, his family was throwing a little shower (I think they call it a sprinkle the second time around) and one of them had gotten the cradle mattress. That was about 1 week before Maddie was due.