Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Today is THE day...

I am nervous. I have not ever really had to participate in many interviews before, so I still do not know what to expect. When I was hired at Fairforest, it was the only interview I went on. I was hired before my next interview was scheduled. So I have butterflies in my stomach and my interview is still 3 1/2 hours away.

I have a good feeling about this one, though. After praying about a position for next year, this school called me for an interview. It is the only school that called, so I feel like this is where God wants me to be next year. Perhaps that sounds silly. I also have been having dreams about teaching second grade next year. I do not know why. That may be because I would really love the chance to teach a younger grade than I have before.

The school I am interviewing at is a year round school. They actually start back in about 2 1/2 weeks. They have as much time off as a "regular" school, but the time is spread out over the course of the school year. They have 3 weeks off in September and December, 2 off in March, Spring Break in April, and then a month in June. It might be a great chance to earn extra money, as it would be possible to sub during my interim breaks.

Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Beckie Russell said...

good luck!

Jennie C. said...

Good luck! I think year round schooling would be great. The long summer break gives the poor little children too much time to forget. :-)

I wonder how it would work out with Andrew and Amanda on a different schedule, though???