Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yard in Progress - Before and After

Paul and I (emphasis on Paul) have been working on the back yard the last 2 weekends. I have to say, it is coming along. If you have been here recently, you would remember the mish-mosh that was our back yard. The paths had grass and weeds growing on them, they were strewn with pots, and the berry bushes were perhaps a bit overgrown. The other paths were partially covered with gravel, with a healthy dose of weeds growing in it. And, you really could not walk on them for all of the pots in the way. It looked like this...

Now, after a lot of hard work on Paul's part, it is looking much improved! Paul spent quite a few hours removing the weeds and grass from the path. Then we both placed pavers on the ground to make stepping stones on the path. We also moved the fire pit to a more usable location, surrounding it with a paver patio and using some of that gravel underneath (my idea!!). Finally, we laid cedar mulch down on the path. The result is quite attractive, if I do say so myself!

What a difference!!!

3 comments:

Beckie Russell said...

It looks quite nice! I love the way mulch makes a place look finished. Enjoy the fire pit!

Jennie C. said...

Hm...I was there recently. :-) It is looking very nice!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful. Great job Paul (and Jessie).