Monday, September 27, 2010

The Pile

5 baskets, filled to the top.  Washed, dried, folded, and put away.  I thought it was over, but I was wrong.  Where there is one, there are surely many more.  It can not be left alone, for it only seems to multiply.  I know I am not alone in my never-ending quest for peace from this daily task, yet there are none who willingly battle alongside me.  The fight, for now, is mine alone.  I will survive and conquer.  It just might take me some time.  Today, the battle is won, but the war is far from over.

2 comments:

Beckie Russell said...

Right now, with the chidren's clothing being relatively small, we get all of the laundry done in one day per week (usually Sunday or Monday). But I imagine that as they get older and the clothing gets bigger, we'll have to split it between two days, one mid-week and the other on the weekend. I actually enjoy folding clothes, though, just not the whites...all those socks and undies!

The Davison Family said...

I hate folding clothes. It really does not take that much time, but it is the worst chore, in my opinion. It is not to be escaped, though.