Thursday, September 9, 2010

How's It Going?

Things, as always, remain hectic in our household.  Mandy and Andrew are doing awesome in their school work, having some easier days, and some harder ones as well.  Mandy is zipping through her math, as she is currently repeating 2nd grade math only.  She will be in 3rd before we know it.  She is such a smart, attentive little girl.  Andrew is learning to take responsibility for his learning, as he does most of his work on his own.  I check up on him, and discuss what he has learned on a daily basis.  We are really loving Calvert.

Illness seems to be spreading in this house, as well.  First, Jeff was sick for a couple of days.  He actually refused to walk, which had us concerned, but is now back to normal.  Mandy then came down with a fever, reaching up to 104 at one point.  She is all better now.  I actually had a low grade fever yesterday, but seem to be on the mend.

My most pressing concern is, as it has been for some time, the health of my dad.  He really needs a lot of prayers.  Currently, we are praying that he is accepted onto a transplant list, which will be his best chance.  I know I should not pray for something specific like this, so I pray that God's will be done, and that He gives us all the strength to handle his decision.  Each life on this Earth has a purpose, guided by the hand of God.  I am not ready to say goodbye to Daddy, so I hope and pray each day for a positive outcome.  It really does not seem fair that he has his condition, and to see him struggle chokes me up.  It is so hard being so far away at this time.  I wish I was there to lend a hand every day.

That is what's up here for now.  I look forward to updating with better news in the very near future.  Please add our family to your prayer chains.  Miracles do happen.

No comments: