Monday, March 10, 2008

Oooohhh - That was a little painful

OK - So the mail came today and the Kohl's circular was in it. Wouldn't you know that this is the time of year for their "15%, 20%, or 30% off" sale. Well, I pulled the little sticker back and there it was...30% off.

The trouble with this is that you have to use your Kohl's card, which I have cut up. I have to admit - two weeks ago, I would have run out and purchased some clothing for my family. After all, 30% off is great! Then, I would have had another card to pay for.

Now, I put the circular in the shredder, so I would not be tempted by the beckoning add. There it is, in 100 little pieces, sitting in the shredder basket. Now, the only one who knows it is there is me (and you :) of course).

Buy, bye, Kohl's card.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Good for you! We don't have any credit cards to use here. Only debit cards, checks and cash for us. Everything gets paid for immediately that way.

It's so hard to change your habits, isn't it? And it feels so good to go out and buy stuff. But it feels even better when you can pay a bill for the last time ever!

Love you!

Beckie Russell said...

I'm in agreement. Though I've never been in debt to the point that I couldn't eventually, in the near future, pay it off, I've had those years when it seemed like I was always not-quite paying off an entire bill. It gets tiring trying to juggle the numbers so that you can buy the stuff you want and not pay for it right away.

I'm glad you're getting rid of your credit cards. I have two cards for emergency purposes (or internet purchases) and we're strictly debit card users for everything else.

I have to credit Miguel with most of the good sense, though, or I'd still be racking up the credit cards and transferring balances (which I still do from time to time for those really big purchases that you need but don't want to pay for all at once). He's the one who made me close most of my accounts. ("What do you need all of those for?" he asked. I didn't really have an answer.)

Anyhow, good for you adn good luck. And glad to see you're back. We love and miss you! (And I'm putting you back on my sidebar!)