Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What is a regret?

To me, a regret is something that you wish had never happened. If you could go back in time, you would snatch that moment back as if it had never existed.

When I say I have no regrets in my life, I truly mean that. Does that mean I have not made mistakes in my past? Certainly not. It does not mean, at all, that I am perfect or unflawed. Lord knows I have many faults. I do believe that all of our past decisions, good or bad, make us who we are today. I like the person that I am. Therefor, I can not look back with regret at any experience or decision that has shaped me.

So please, when I say I have no regrets, do not think that I feel I am perfect. No one is, least of all me.

Love to all.

4 comments:

Jennie C. said...

I'd take them back. Every single one of them.

Sandie said...

I agree with you, Jessie, that our experiences and our choices shape us and, if we are satisfied with who and where and what we are, then we can't regret those things.

Things we do, though, often shape others as well. I can see how actions that effect others can be easy targets for regret. This means that being happy with where you are in life doesn't make you immune to regret.

(This is just general and philosophical thoughts on regret and I am not implying in any way that you should regret anything!)

Love you!

Beckie Russell said...

I agree with sandie. Is there anything else you'd like us to know about you? It's been a while since you posted.

Sandie said...

Hi Jessie,

Just wanted you to know that I check this about once a week now to see if you've put anything up. I miss hearing about your real life. I hope you are all well!

Sandie