Monday, January 26, 2009

11 Weeks and 2 days today!

Hello all! Wow, I really need to get better at this blogging thing. Well, I am 11 weeks into pregnancy by now. Time is really flying, too. The first trimester will be over very soon, and the baby will really start to grow!

I am going to the doctor this afternoon, so I took the day off from work. This is supposed to be a long, boring appointment. I will let you know how things go later today.

So, my pants don't fit at all anymore. If I wear my regular clothing, it is with adjustments. For example, I had to use a paperclip the other day to keep my pants closed without squishing my insides. I have purchased 5 pairs of maternity pants, which I much prefer to wear. They are extremely more comfortable than my normal pants. Did you know they actually make maternity pants with the elastic and buttons like they do for children's pants? I have two pairs of dress slacks like that, and I love them! As I get bigger, I can make the pants bigger too. And I have 2 pairs with the tummy panel (my least favorite) and a pair of under belly jeans (love these!). Unbelievably, they are all long enough for me, as well. I remember that being a problem in the past.

Well, I have been a bit under the weather this weekend. I have a cold or some such nonsense, so I would be staying home today even without the doctors appointment. I have this cough that just hurts everywhere. Very uncomfortable. And of course you can't really take anything when you are pregnant, either.

Talk to you later today!

2 comments:

Jennie C. said...

Hi! I didn't get to call you this weekend like I wanted to, and it sounds like you need napping more than two hours on the phone with me. :-) Hope you feel better quickly, and ask the doc what you can take!

BTW, I am 40 weeks and 0 days today. :-)

Beckie Russell said...

Hey! So glad you blogged. I've been wondering and meaning to call and just haven't. Of course, I don't have a 40 weeks and 0 days excuse, but how about 8 months and 11 days? Ok, maybe not. I'll be sending along those maternity pants I have for you. And a few baby items that became excess for us that you might be able to use...I don't know what you kept (or didn't) from your not-so-little ones.

Love you.